Monthly Favorites: November

As I mentioned in my into…. I am obsessed with beauty products. I love to try new things, in hopes that it will magically transform me … but who doesn’t?! Right?! So we buy and we buy, and before you know it we have 20 shades of exact same brown lipstick, 30 contour kits, 10 different peachy blushes, 17 highlighters and so on… BUT they are all DIFFERENT! Different undertone, different texture, different pigmentation, different smell, different reflection in light… See what I did there??? I turned my addiction into a positive study research.

So with that being said, lets get into some of my recent faves. I read somewhere 15th is the cut off date to post last month’s monthly favorites… so I am ahead of the game! (and yes… I totally made that up)

Most days, well pretty much every day, I am in a rush to get ready for work. So my go to looks are usually simple, no more than 30 minute paint jobs that need to last all day long.

img_1202

Yes, I am one of those girls that have that natural glow, that sparkling dewy look…aka OILY 24/7 face!!! Meaning primer is either going to make me look like a disco ball or matte sculpture. During the moody November weather in Nashville, Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Primer from Smashbox has been pure perfection. It makes my face a perfect smooth canvas for the main job.

Thanks to recent clearance deal at Walgreens I just recently discovered Soap & Glory Kick Ass Just Bright Concealer. It makes such a major difference in under eye area!! And yes, I put in right after primer.

The main guest appearing is …  DIORSKIN STAR STUDIO MAKEUP! My #1! My true love! My one and only!!! This foundation is pure perfection for my oily skin. It dries super matte, but somehow has a beautiful illuminating glow. Magic right? It has SPF 30, is extremely lightweight, and it lasts ALL DAY LONG !!!!

Shape Tape Contour Concealer from Tarte has been my ultimate go to since it came out! I use it under eyes and as a contour of course…. and a little goes a looooooooooong way with this one! I purchased my current tube it in May, used it every single day, and somehow I am still not out. This is one of those products that I stock up on, in fears of it becoming extinct.

Next we go to setting powders… Recently I switched from famous Laura Mercier Translucent Powder to Givenchy Poudre Première Mat & Translucent-Finish Loose Powder …

img_1216

I haven’t tried a setting powder like Givenchy Loose Powder. The powder itself is superfine, extremely comfortable, and has lightweight finish… and that little guy next to it is Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder. Pretty powerful, and little scary, especially in flash photography! So unless you are getting chased by paparazzi you will be just fine.

img_1781-1             enlight58

Shall we talk about cheeks… for sure!

img_1247

Benefit Cosmetics’ iconic Hoola Matte Bronzer was one of the items on my very first Sephora purchase.. So that alone makes it special! It delivers pure matte perfection, that is most flattering probably on most skin tones… Most days I like to look little bronzed up (I admit it I miss summer heat already), thats where Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder Compact comes in. It’s not matte for sure, it has a beautiful sheer luminous glow. Mix the two with Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in shade Quirky and you got your self a perfect summer glow, but in December!

Brows on fleek? Not for me! I like mine bushy, full and not so defined.

img_1277

My personal brow combo is: Guerlain Brow KitAnastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz and Tarte Tarteist Brow Gel. Mixing the Brow Wiz with the powder gives me a perfect color match and longer staying power. Because honestly who wants to walk around with half of their eyebrow gone?

This post is much longer than expected, but I can’t quit now! So I hope you are still here…

MOST important thing on girl’s face…highlighter!

img_1482

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter In MoonstoneVintage Cosmetics Illuminating Face Highlighter Set (shade Chocolate Diamond) combined gives me that perfect blinding glow.

Out of full drawer of eye shadows, most days my go to …..

img_1344

is Viseart Eyeshadow Palette in 01 Neutral Matte. I find it completely creaseless and the color pay off to be most lasting without having to use any eye shadow primer. See those swatches ?!?! That is just one single swipe!img_1384

Since I been having eyelash extensions, I haven’t been using much of eyeliner or mascara, but when I do, I use Lash Affair HD Mascara & Eyeliner. It was recommended to my by my eyelash tech. The eyeliner is pretty bomb actually! I wish the tip was bit thinner, like KVD Tattoo Liner, but the staying power is amazing.

img_1323

The best part, lips!!! I could be wearing zero makeup but if I got that lip popping somehow I feel complete.

img_1517

Perfect mix of nudes, mostly matte divine perfection… Who ever knows me knows that brown has been my go to color, but every now and then I like to add the surprise factor to daily boredom. When it comes to matte lipstick, my preference is Huda Beauty Matte Lipstick. I like the fact that it’s not over drying like some other matte liquid lipsticks. After falling in love with Pillowtalk from Charlotte Tilbury, I decided to give more shades a try. Well the Glastonberry shade is a perfect bold color. It is cool-tone purple/berry hydrated lipstick perfection!!!

And last but not least, lip liners!

To perfectly match each of my brown moods… we have all time favorite MAC Lip Liners and a new found beauty from Pixi Beauty.

And that concludes this long, long, long adventure. Did anyone notice I went from full movie script to just name call!? Meaning… This took way longer to put together than anticipated. I hope you enjoyed reading about some of my recent likes.

Are any of these products in your favorite stash? If so, which one? And what do you love about it???

Until next time…

img_0717

47 comments

1. roadtowajnblom says:

I love these beauty products! I’m obsessed with Laura Mercier.. everything! I use the primer and setting powder daily and it’s hard for me to use anything else. I love Tarte shape tape (and foundation!).

Liked by 1 person

2. I’m pinning this for later. There are cosmetics in your list I’m currently thinking of buying so definitely – that’s a help:)

Liked by 1 person

3. My everyday make up routine is also very simple. I also love that Benefit Cosmetics’ Hoola Matte Bronzer. I’m intrigued by that Huda Beauty Matte Lipstick. I’ll have to check that out!

4. Cia Black says:

I’m a sucker for natural tones, and you provided that in just about every aspect of the must haves for doing your face up. These choice are fantastic and I look forward to trying some of the new brands out that I haven’t tried yet.

5. Vasundhra says:

These are some great products. I absolutely loved Viseart Eyeshadow Palette in 01 Neutral Matte, Huda Beauty Matte Lipstick, and MAC Lip Liners.

6. Love your faves … I really am thinking about trying the shape tape concelear

Liked by 1 person

7. Great selection of favourites dear, especially loving the lipstick collection. Omg, I thought I was the only one, honestly a good lipstick can make you feel amazing even with no makeup on.

Tx. // MusicGeekOnline.

Liked by 1 person

8. Hola is my favourite bronzer ever! I’d love to try the Shape tape concealer, I’ve heard lots of great things.

9. nicoleflintkontrol says:

A post with all of my favorites! I love Tarte shape tape! I have been curious about the Givenchy translucent powder.

10. Agnes Vazhure says:

Such an awesome variety of makeup. Those shades and colors are so gorgeous. and my favorite and my everyday use makeup are this Hoola Matte Bronzer.

11. Different Frame of Mind says:

These look like some fabulous products. This post definitely makes me really want to learn to properly use make up. My mom taught me the very basics but I would love to learn to fully do my make up. Awesome post!

12. Nutrilife says:

I just loved all these make-up shades….really wanna try them …hope it suits me too !!

13. Josselyn R says:

I love beauty products because they come in beautiful colors and shape and it’s so hard to stay with the budget

14. Preet@thevelvetlife says:

This is such amazing compilation of all the favorite makeup products for this month. You have such great picks, few are in my wishlist like the Dioe foundation and few are already my favorite like the Guerlain brow kit, Givenchy face powder and Laura Mercier face powder.

15. chewoutloud says:

What great shades and colors! It’s a really versatile collection! I especially like the brightener.

16. Ut Minh says:

I love your products. I like your lipstick collection. This is like a help, I will check the lipstick.

Liked by 1 person

17. A friend of mine swears by hoola, I must really check it out now.

18. thenafranssen says:

This is a good choice of makeup. My routine on the daily is non-existent so I really need to work on upping my game.

19. Lisa says:

I loved the products. I was most intrigued by the pore minimizer. I need to get myself a good one I just might look into it.

20. Nati says:

Amazing products you have selected! I still haven’t tried any of these, but I have been eyeing the Viseart palettes, especially this one with warm neautrals as those are my favorite colors!

21. Paige Flamm says:

That Smashbox Photo Finish Primer is one of my all time favorite primers. It’s the best!

22. jenniferlynncallahan says:

I absolutely love the Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Primer from Smashbox, it makes my face so soft and keep my make up lasting throughout the day! Will need to check out that Dior foundation!

23. Maria says:

aaaah, those pinkish/rougey shades are to die for! love them so much… I have a relatively fair complexion, and usually those are the colour palettes that look better on me!

Liked by 1 person

24. Ooh I love Dior products ever since my ex boyfriend brought me this bag of a bunch of Dior products. That’s a good one. Very nice selections here.

Liked by 1 person

25. I love makeup too and love recommendations. I’m a new primer user and somewhat oily so I’m going to try your reco on that! I just tried the new NARS Natural Radiance Longwear foundation. Have you tried it? curious to hear your review on that! I loved it!

Liked by 1 person

26. Beauty products are so many in the counters that until you find that which is good for you, you can end up having a drawer full of the same product from different producers. Thanks for posting.

27. Ithfifi says:

Beautiful collection, I really love some of the ones you’ve mentioned in this post like Smashbox primer, Benefits Hoola. Great choices!